oh hello there.
my name is kristen gale and i’m the creator + ceo of a badass north american beauty bar chain called THE TEN SPOT® . we’ve got ambitions of taking over the world – or at least the beauty bar world – and we’re well on our way to doing it!
as well as being the ceo of my franchise, i’m all about ceo’ing the shxt out of my life so i can live life at a ten + (hopefully!!!) inspiring you to do the same! so, in addition to this ol’ blog, i’ve also got a youtube channel here! hit the subscribe button to get in on content all about; how-to’s / life hacks / behind the scenes / tips n’ tricks of being an entrepreneur / ceo / mom / woman / partner + franchisor of a company in hyper scale mode!
what life at a ten means (to me):
one of my favourite quotes is ‘we all get two lives – the seconds one starts when we realize we only get one’.
i love this cheeky way of saying we only get one shot at this. i think it’s mind blowing that i exist at all – that i’m given such a gift to be alive – to experience everything there is – all the good, all the bad – and i think that since i’ve won this lottery of existence that it’s my job to live my very best life – to live my life at a ten. even when i don’t feel like it. especially when i don’t feel like it.
life is all perspective – and how you deal with the things that happen to you. i’m so, so fxcking inspired by those out there who have been given much hard experiences than i’ve ever had to face and then they do something incredible with their lives. they prove the have grit and are hard to kill and take a shxt situation and make it inspirational for others. that’s what life is all about to me. and if people can come out of war, neglect, abuse, disease, tragedy and live their lies at a ten – then holy shxt, i better try my hardest too.
my life at a ten is going to look very very different then anyone else’s life at a ten. you own this life + you define what living your life at a ten means.
and, i can’t always be there – life at a ten is a mindset – a bar i’m setting that i might never make it to – or i visit a couple times a year, or month or week. i don’t feel like a ten all the goddam time, but i want to. it’s like losing weight, i might never hit that goal weight, or if i do i stay there for a couple day/week/months – but the point is i’m always trying, always mustering up the ambition to working out always trying to eat right – and when i fxck it up, i don’t give up, i just try again. there will always be ways to be a better person – a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, ceo, friend – and that’s what i want in the back of my mind. i get to be better today then i was yesterday.
so! if that’s your take on what the hell we are all doing here on planet earth too. then let’s do this.
what feel like a ten® means:
my companies purpose is to make everyone feel like a ten!®
as stated above, i think everyone should be living their life at a ten and when we help someone feel put together and polished – we help them feel more confident. confident people kick ass. confident people do great things. confident people live their lives at a ten.
(fyi, we’re officially hijacking the ‘ten’ and reclaiming it. being a ‘ten’ is about feeling great about yourself, not about what others think.)
about THE TEN SPOT®
THE TEN SPOT® is my business and my first babe. it’s a franchised chain of one stop beauty spots (think manis, pedis, waxing, laser + skin services.) we give our guests efficient, yet impeccably executed services with a cheeky vibe, in a #clinicallyclean environment (since 2006, baby!).
i started it when i was 24 years old with one spot (to read the story on how i got started – click here!) it’s now an international brand with close to 50 open and operational bars with another 50 in development.
links to the different 10spot® arms of the biz:
THE TEN SPOT® franchising:
i think entrepreneurship is one of the best ways to live life at a ten – i get to share this experience by create business owners who own their very own 10spot® beauty bars (or own a mini empire of lots of them!). to find out more about franchising with THE TEN SPOT® here
THE TEN SPOT® beauty bars:
in order to live your life at a ten – you gotta feel like a ten® – our beauty bars can help with that! to book into one of our #clinicallyclean beauty bars for all your mani / pedi / waxing / laser / skin needs and wants here.
THE TEN SPOT® beauty line:
feel like a ten at home and pick up some polish or product from my lux line; THE TEN SPOT® beauty right here babies!
awards we’ve racked up:
- franchise journal, top brands 2021
- canada’s top growing companies award, presented by the globe and mail, 2019
- bmo expansion and growth award, 2019
- canada’s top 40 under 40 award recipient 2017
- winner of the bronze franchise award of excellence for 2019, by the canadian franchise association
- winner of the bronze franchise award of excellence for 2018, by the canadian franchise association
- winner of the bronze franchise award of excellence for 2017, by the canadian franchise association
- franchisees choice hall of fame 2020, by the canadian franchise association
- franchisee choice award recipient 2020, by the canadian franchise association
- franchisee choice award recipient 2019, by the canadian franchise association
- franchisee choice award recipient 2018, by the canadian franchise association
- franchisee choice award recipient 2017, by the canadian franchise association
- franchisee choice award recipient 2016, by the canadian franchise association
- listed as one of 500’s fastest growing companies 2018 by mcleans and canadian business magazine
- listed as one of the GROWTH 500’s fastest growing companies 2018 by canadian business + macleans
- listed as one of the PROFIT 500’s fastest growing companies 2017 in canada
- listed as one of the PROFIT 500’s fastest growing companies 2016 in canada
- listed as one of the PROFIT 500’s fastest growing companies 2015 in canada
- named one of entrepreneur magazine’s top global franchisees in 2015 by entrepreneur magazine
- listed as w100 canada’s top female entrepreneur 2016 by PROFIT/chatelaine magazine
- listed as w100 canada’s top female entrepreneur 2015 by PROFIT/chatelaine magazine
- listed as w100 canada’s top female entrepreneur 2014 by PROFIT/chatelaine magazine
- named canada’s top young female entrepreneur for 2015, presented by chatelaine magazine
some more links:
○ my insta: https://www.instagram.com/kris10spot
○ business inquiries pls contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ to book me for a speaking gig, go here to my agents at nsb: https://www.nsb.com/speakers/kristen-gale/
LIVE LIFE AT A TEN MOTHER TRUCKERS!